Tuesday 31 January 2012

I found something of Pinterest on the internet...


Surfing the zeitgeist, as usual, I discovered a brilliant resource for brides to be who are more visually inspired and less fond of making lists.

Pinterest is a website where... hold on I'll let them tell you -


Pinterest is a Virtual Pinboard.

Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.

So as you browse around looking for inspiration and suppliers to help make your day perfect you can pin images from their sites to your pinboard, thus creating a visual picture of the kind of stuff you like. You can create your own boards under different categories so, for instance, if you are looking for your dress you can pin images of the ones you love and then review them over a glass of wine or two later.

I've only just started using the site but have found it really easy to use. You install a little 'pin it' icon to your browser toolbar making it a simple click to add the things you like.

I've started a board called 'Wedding suppliers we like' and will be adding some great suppliers of all things wedding over the coming weeks.

To become a pinner you submit a request and receive an invitation, I suppose this keeps out spammers, within a few days. 

I hope you find Pinterest useful, for me it certainly beats staring at a big list and feeling a bit overwhelmed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment